2018 JASC Summer Internship
Japan America Society of Colorado (JASC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Denver, CO. JASC’s mission is to expand people to people relationships between Colorado and Japan by serving as a bridge to connect via business, education and cultural opportunities. We strive to serve as the premier resource for companies and individuals in Colorado who are working with or have connections to Japan. JASC accomplishes this mission, in part, by hosting various events and programs throughout the year. To learn more, visit www.jascolorado.org.
Japan America Society of Colorado (JASC) is offering two unpaid summer internship positions to candidates with a passion for Colorado- Japan relations and a desire to gain professional experience in the non-profit sector. The two positions focus on different areas, so please read the descriptions below and specify the position you are interested in when applying. Japanese language ability is desirable, but not a requirement.
- TECH POSITION: This summer intern will focus exclusively integrating a new, online membership database into our existing website and enabling a new online payment system for the organization.
- Import data from desktop database to online database
- Set up new payment integration and event management system
- Must work closely with Executive Director on all details of this project
- Precision and attention to detail is required
- Approximately a 6-week project to allow for import, set-up, and testing phases of project; schedule is flexible; personal laptop is a plus but not required.
- MARKETING & EVENTS POSITION: This summer intern will assist with events (some which occur on weekends/ evenings), marketing and archiving/ digitizing historical JASC documents.
- Create/ design key promotional items
- Assemble content for and distribute our e-newsletter (ability for Japanese translation a plus)
- Digitize JASC historical photographs, documents, etc.
- Provide support at JASC events including:
- Kaiwa Club (bi-weekly on Saturday mornings)
- Boulder-Yamagata Sister-City Celebration (June 18)
- Sakura-matsuri (June 23-24)
- Annual golf tournament (July 19)
- Dragon Boat Festival (July 28)
- Other various duties as requested
- Marketing & Events Position: approximately June 11, 2018- August 17, 2018 with the option to extend
- Tech Position: a 6-week period which falls within the June 11- August 17th time frame
- Location: The JASC office in downtown Denver (near the Capitol building).
- Hours: 5-10 hours per week
- Schedule: We request a regular schedule to the extent possible. Our office is open weekdays.
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship position. JASC is happy to provide professional introductions where appropriate, referrals for future employers or school applications, and free entry to all JASC events during the internship period.
HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
Please send your resume/ CV via email to Jessyca Livingston (email@example.com). In place of a traditional cover letter, please briefly discuss your attraction to JASC as an organization and why you believe it to be a good fit with your interests and skill set in your email correspondence. Please specify which position you are interested in. We will invite select applicants to interview on May 31st OR June 1st, 2018.