Getting involved witH JASC 一緒に活動しましょう！
Japan America Society of Colorado relies on a committee structure to help us plan events and support programs. These committees are a vital part of our organization. All current JASC members are welcome and invited to volunteer on a committee and assist the organization in expanding our reach. Please contact us to let us know which committee you would like to serve!
EDUCATION & CULTURE COMMITTEE:
- Provide opportunities for JASC members and the community at large to experience Japanese & Colorado cultural experiences including but not limited to food, art, dance, music, and theater.
- Support the Annual Japan Cup competition for middle school, high school and college students (held in April)
- Engage the Colorado K-8 education community through the “Japan In The Schools” Cultural Trunk program
- Provide networking opportunities for members of the Colorado business community who want to explore Colorado-Japan commercial interests
- Support speakers who provide information of value for Colorado-Japan business networks
- Support economic development opportunities between Colorado and Japan
Member services COMMITTEE:
- Create a plan that will allow JASC members to promote their own businesses or services to the membership as a whole.
Golf COMMITTEE :
- Together with our partners at Japanese Firms Association of Colorado, plan all aspects of our Colorado-Japan Charity Golf Tournament, which supports the education programs of both JASC and JFA.
Annual banquet COMMITTEE:
- Lend your gala-planning skills to JASC's most important fundraiser of the year. Silent auction, dinner, speakers, flowers, and fun are examples of expertise needed to ensure this event is a great success.