Passport to Japan
Learn Japanese through Travel and Culture
Join us to learn some basic Japanese - especially focused on travel for business or pleasure!
In this 8-class session, teacher Junko Goodwin willinclude the following topics:
- Flying into Narita / Haneda / Traveling in Tokyo - vocabulary related to airports, trains, buses, areas in and around Tokyo
- Traveling in Kyoto / Osaka / Tohoku (outside of Tokyo) - areas around Japan
- Japanese foods - Restaurants - Role play and vocabulary related to food, restaurants, going out for meals
- Attending / Participating sporting events in Japan - baseball, sumo, playing golf, skiing, martial arts
- General conversational phrases - weather, self introductions, nice to meet you, business cards,
- Gift giving - traditions around gift giving for personal and business; vocabulary related to shopping / money
- Watching Japanese television - commercials / newscasts / game shows
The final class will include some interactive Japanese cultural experiences - all included in the cost of the class.
Class will meet on Monday evenings from October 3 through December 5 (no class on Oct. 10 or 31). 8 classes, 2 hours each from 6pm to 8pm (16 total hours of class time)
Class will be held at Sakura Square - Mezzanine Room - entrance located on Larimer between 19th and 20th (next to eye doctor)
Free parking for class participants in Sakura Square garage.
$220 / JASC members
$240 / General public