2017 JASC Summer Internship
Japan America Society of Colorado (JASC) is offering an unpaid summer internship position focusing on redesigning and updating portions of the website as well as increasing member engagement via our e-newsletter. The position may include other various duties as requested, including support at Sakura-matsuri (June 24-25) and our annual golf tournament (July 27).
The summer intern will be responsible for redesigning portions of the JASC website (via Squarespace). This will focus on:
- promoting retailers that support us with in-kind donations
- presenting our corporate members in a more meaningful and interactive way
The summer intern will refresh the current JASC e-newsletter (via Vertical Response) with a focus on:
- redesigning our e-newsletter template
- assembling content for and distributing our e-newsletter (ability for Japanese translation a plus)
Other potential projects include:
- refining our various member contact lists
- creating an updated and clean corporate social media report template
- digitizing JASC historical photographs, etc.
- creating a browser tab icon (favicon)
JASC is looking for an intern with both a passion for Colorado- Japan relations and a desire to gain professional experience in multi-media, the non-profit sector and member engagement. Japanese language ability is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Dates: Approximately June 12, 2017- August 11, 2017 with the option to extend.
- Location: At the JASC office in downtown Denver (near the Capitol building).
- Hours/Wk: 5-10 hours per week
- Schedule: We request a regular schedule to the extent possible. Our office is open weekdays, although we may request that you assist with some JASC events which occur on weekends/ evenings. In particular, we request your support at Sakura-matsuri (June 24-25) and our annual golf tournament (July 27)
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship position. JASC is happy to provide professional introductions where appropriate, referrals for future employers or school applications, and free entry to all JASC events during the internship period.
HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline: May 30, 2017
Please send your resume/ CV via email to Jessyca Livingston (jessyca[at]jascolorado(dot)org). In place of a traditional cover letter, please briefly discuss your attraction to JASC as an organization and why you believe it to be a good fit with your interests and skill set in your email correspondence.