JASC: strengthening understanding and building cooperation between colorado and japan through business, education & culture
2015 Year in Review
We are a 501©3, non-profit organization established in Colorado in 1989. We are a member of the National Association of Japan America Societies. Our mission is to strengthen cooperation and build understanding between Colorado and Japan at a grassroots level. We accomplish this by providing programming in business, education and culture that link our two cultures. We strive to be the central point in Colorado for all things relate to Japan. We look forward to meeting you at an upcoming event and encourage you to join today and support our mission!
Getting involved witH JASC 一緒に活動しましょう！
Japan America Society of Colorado relies on a committee structure to help us plan events and support programs. These committees are a vital part of our organization. All current JASC members are welcome and invited to volunteer on a committee and assist the organization in expanding our reach. Please contact us to let us know which committee you would like to serve!
Culture Committee :
- Provide opportunities for JASC members and the community at large to experience Japanese & Colorado cultural experiences including but not limited to food, art, dance, music, and theater.
- Support the Annual Japan Cup competition for middle school, high school and college students (held in April)
- Engage the Colorado K-8 education community through the “Japan In The Schools” Cultural Trunk program
- Provide networking opportunities for members of the Colorado business community who want to explore Colorado-Japan commercial interests
- Support speakers who provide information of value for Colorado-Japan business networks
- Support economic development opportunities between Colorado and Japan
Member services COMMITTEE:
- Create a plan that will allow JASC members to promote their own businesses or services to the membership as a whole.
Golf COMMITTEE :
- Together with our partners at Japanese Firms Association of Colorado, plan all aspects of our Colorado-Japan Charity Golf Tournament, which supports the education programs of both JASC and JFA.
Annual banquet COMMITTEE:
- Lend your gala-planning skills to JASC's most important fundraiser of the year. Silent auction, dinner, speakers, flowers, and fun are examples of expertise needed to ensure this event is a great success.